Founded by Swiss immigrants, Trinity was chartered in 1865, a congregation of the Northern Synod of the Reformed Church. The first building was erected in 1865 and moved to its current location in 1894. In 1934, the Reformed Church and the Evangelical Synod united to form the Evangelical and Reformed Church and in 1957, this body joined with the Congregational Christian Churches to form our current denomination: The United Church of Christ. To better serve Trinity’s expanding mission, the current building was constructed in 1969.
Since 1969, the mission and ministry of the congregation continued to expand with the founding of the Trinity Outreach Center and Harvest Lane Treasures Thrift Shop to help meet the needs of our community.
While honoring our past and embracing our history, Trinity United Church of Christ continues to move forward in bold new directions, attentive to the voice of our still-speaking God.